Saturday, August 30, 2008

Before Daddy leaves again.




Jeffrey is leaving again! This time it is for 2 months. So we decided to do something fun as a family before he left. Last night we rented "Nims Island" and ate pizza and had icees. It was a really cute movie. The pizza was from Upper Crust and it is the best pizza. Today, we went to the beach. It was the perfect beach day. It was nice to have daddy go along because I am afraid to get in the water. The kids all dug for sandcrabs and Jeffrey and Taylor were brave enough to go out into the big waves. Yikes! That was a little scary for me, but they did survive. We plan to go again Monday before school starts and Jeffrey leaves.

Jeffrey leaving is a huge oppurtunity for him. We are very proud of him. Not to brag, but Boeing requested Jeffrey go back and the president of GE's Military Division accepted. Even though two months seems like a long time, we are excited for him to grow in the company. Good job Daddy! We love you!

While he is away I will be busy with 4 of the children going to school. During the day I have to go out 5 different times to pick up and drop off. Good thing the schools are close. When he returns Jeffrey and I will be going to Hawaii for his sisters wedding. Yeah! I am a little scared because I have never been on an airplane. But by that time I am sure I will be over it. Wish me luck on my next couple of months.

4 comments:

Raich said...

Oh goodness Mary...you're such a troopeh!!

The going out 5 times sounds torturous...good thing you're awesome...GOOD LUCK>>>and I'm excited for your husbands opportunity! When he gets back we need to meet you for a girls night...

JeN said...

It looks like you have had some good ol family bonding before the big departure... I wish you luck honey.. We are gonna get together LOTS dangit!!! I am happy to see you anytime.. Good luck Jeff on your venture!!

ma'elePHOTO said...

How cool for your family! When I was younger my dad was gone on long business trips 2 and 3 months at a time. I'm sure it sucked for my mom, but it really allowed him to focus on the projects he was working on.

Congrats on your husbands business ventures!!! And wishing you the best while he's away!

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

Mary, Mary, Mary.....I feel for you girl. Dang that's a long time. But at least you have most of your kids in school during the day. Imagine if you didn't!! Well, good job for Jeff and Good luck for you!!! Too bad you moved, cuz it would have been fine if you were up here for him to be gone so long lol!!!